Tuesday 26 May 2009

May_Food_Hunting

on 10-05-2009, I went to Kluang Station, IKANO with two pretty gals. One of them recommended we shall try Kluang Station instead of Uncle's Lim Restaurant. Kluang has several outlet around Klang Valley. To be honest, I do not like this kind of Kopitiam. The drinks and the food always looks similar, all is expected and stereotype in Malaysia so-called modern coffee shop industry.
I have order an beef rendang and a drink : Sirap Selasih. The beef is old as me but I like the drink esp Selasih ;p Its texture tastes like jelly, a tiny seed hind in each round shape thingy.
Scient
ic name for Selasih is Ocimum.Ocimum is a genus of about 35 species of aromatic annual and perennial herbs and shrubs in the family Lamiaceae, mostly native to the tropical and warm temperate regions of the Old World. Ocimum tenuiflorum (syn. O. sanctum), commonly called Holy Basil or Tulsi, is a sacred herb in India, used in teas, healing remedies, and cosmetics. It is also used in Thai cooking. ( all infor from wikipedia)

25-05-2009, I went for Japanese BBQ buffet, DAIDOMON. Let the pictures explain to U. I never been Great Eastern Mall. This mall got plenty nice shops, even a pet shop as well. It an amazing place, but too far from my current living place.

This buffet cost me RM47.04. The whole buffet trip's kaki is 20 adults plus 2 children. I do not know most of the food-eaters. I do enjoy the whole mealing atmosphere from 11:30 till 2:30 pm. I feel relax and this is first group outing after CDC. Most of them are elders > 50 years old above. I'm not the meat-fanatic-person and most of the time I act as CHEF to grill and serve all these uncles and aunties. Daidomon provides may types of beef , fish, scallops, shell, lobster, crab,olyster and etc. Believe it or not, I have tried salmon, butter and mackerel. All this first-time-meeting guys stare at me when I told them I'm non-seafood-eater. They encourage or rather force me to eat. Hope that this gang will organize this kind of fellowship again n again.

3 comments:

samantha siew said... [Reply]

Salmon - Good starts...try Dory or prawns next time ya... :p

Susan said... [Reply]

looks yummy!

I should have taken your place, would make the best out of your RM47.hehehe

Kim said... [Reply]

DaiDoMon is better than Shougun. The price incl. is almost same.
Seafood??? need give face to elder frens lol ".....(