Sunday 8 August 2010

2010.08.05_Metro Toastmaster Club 21 Yrs Anniversary

I decided to attend this event at the last second. Toastmaster club is a NPO club which aim to educate society in public speaking. It is prefect platform to improve our presentation and interpersonal skills. However, ashame to declare myself as Metro TMC member since quite a long time didn't attend the meeting and only completed 1 of 10 speech tasks.
On this memorable night, senior TMC members from different places shown their excellent public speaking ability esp Mr.Wei Siong. His speech is very inspirational and the way he convey his message is superb. This fellow does not knows me and yet I do not introduce myself to him. Kind embarrass for "Kaki ponteng". One of the founders,Mr Yee who also acts as my mentor share his Toastmaster journey: "no time" is not a good reason along these 21 years. Perseverance!!! I should re-schedule my time to complete remaining 9 assignments.
Though is exhausted after work, I overwhelm to meet all these familiar faces. Everyone is encourages me to resume and attend Metro TMC fortnightly meeting. Erm... minimum one and half hours driving from my current working place to meeting venue plus 7PM meeting time constraints really challenge my attendance. God, pls give me wisdom to make appropriate arrangement.
The event was held at BaliFeel Restaurant. The decor is fabulous but the food is really so-so. We had normal wrapped chicken sugarcane drumstick, over-diluted green curry, tasteless prawn, thick raw mango salad, overcooked fried chicken wing, elastic squid, extreme hot sambal sambal belacan chili, super-duber sweet lemonade and a piece of fish cracker. Now, you can understand my definition "so-so" ;p
The only meal can satisfied my ordinary taste-bud is "bubuh cacar" desert which contains shredded jack fruit. Its aroma delight this dessert flavor though the BaliFeel chef pour to much coconut milk and condensed milk.

2 comments:

Dorcas said... [Reply]

i laugh at the comment above!
do you know of anyway to get rid of these ridiculous chinese written comment??!!

(Sorry, i think it's a good posting but did not touch my heart though!!) hahaha!!

Xav_Kim said... [Reply]

erm.. i need to set comment filtering functions.
BTW, all these spam comments is touching as long as u do not click on the link.