Wednesday 20 October 2010

2010.10.15_UPM Fren's Buffet Wedding

My UPM buddy call me and inform me our fren Turtle Teng getting married! I haven't meet the bride after we left UPM,2003. 7 years is long enough for us to explore and experience the world, chasing our own dream and become more mature ;p Luckily the bridegroom is the SAME who I meet during UPM's days. Ironically, I almost forget her, Turtle Kui Teng. I can't recall her name and her hometown. I keep thinking another Kui, Kui Wei Melaka. During the conversation with my UPM buddy, I was very busy and only remember 3 keywords " vegetarian buffet", "friday" and "Klang". On Friday, a blur-blur me wait my human GPS at the wrong toll. My fren keep asking me my location, I keep replying that me parked beside road after toll and wait her. At the end, we realize we are waiting each other at differ tolls!
2nd embarrass incident: I thought I'm attending vegetarian buffet. I queue and pick the food without observe the food in details. Suddenly, I found that the artificial prawn looks alike the real prawn. I told my fren, " wah, the prawn looks like the real one". My fren almost fainted coz IT WAS A REAL PRAWN!!! Stubborn me try to argue and pursue her tht we are attending vegetarian buffet. The truth is normal buffet for tonight and another formal vegetarian dinner on following week.
3rd funny scenario, my UPM buddy and I wore red shirts. Most of frens' frens' frens' , whosoever thought we are couple. the silly wed couple insist us to take pair-to-pair photo. What a fake smile :D
Turtle Teng is my final year group assignment member, she and other team members always helping me to complete the work tasks and give me "tips" at exam hall. They help me register course, fight for tutorial seat, get class attendance, do assignment, call me for exam, sms me if got sudden pop quiz at class n etc... Overall, I'm the parasite who attached on my group members. Without them, definitely I can't graduate. When I told turtle Teng, I worked as part time lecturer, her eyes widely open. She can't believe a person who has bad learning attitude become lecturer. I'm glad I force myself to attend this dinner to allow me to meet some of UPM buddies. We are seldom contact and focus on respective life. Shall we contact more often? Ideally, yes; however, everyone is so called "busy" including me. Can we spend some time to contact some old frens? Pls do email/sms/phone selfish me as I rarely take initiative to contact others.

4 comments:

Dorcas said... [Reply]

you sure have a hell lot of girlfriends than me!! i'm so looking fwd to meet you face to face. such a funny person you are!

chloe-kohyee said... [Reply]

uncle kim...ur smile isn't fake at all...smile until `see teeth em see eyes'...hahhaha

dorcas...he isn't that funny la. don't be too hopeful :p

Xav_Kim said... [Reply]

Dorcas, thz 4 ur compliment. U must let me know when u visit Malaysia.
KY, this is professional smile " skin smile but fresh isn't smile" Ms CHIN, we are CHIN family, must give face,pls.

Dorcas said... [Reply]

i'll be back for christmas. not sure when will be in KL becoz i'll fly direct to singapore to see my brother. will let su and you know.