Tuesday 21 December 2010

2010.12.12_18_Bangkok

Dec is gorgeous n busy month for me. The hotel I stayed in Bangkok is strategic & convenient, 5 minutes walking distance to train station and surrounding by tourist spots + shop dedicated to foreigners.
As this is company trip, nothing much I can do during weekday. Office - hotel ; hotel - office. Thai nation is very polite and gentle, smiling country ;p Even when an accident happened, they are still very cool and discuss in good manner. On the way to my office, a car bang the taxi I took, both drivers parked the cars aside with double-signal, discussing the compensation in low volume. In fact, I was more angry than the taxi driver, I'm taking many pictures on both cars as evidents. I told the taxi driver drop by at my office so that he can collects all these pics as if police needs such information for record. At the end, I felt I'm the really bossy type, both of them make a good deal, exchange contact number and agree on certain amount. In contrast, the taxi driver console me n ask me cool down, so embarrass...
I went to few unique restaurants:
  1. Cabbages & Condoms ( manage by NGO which educate safe sex in THAI)
  2. Big Mama (Italian food)
  3. Crossover Bar( Traditional British Bar with typical English dish such as fish n chips )
  4. Ted's Cafe ( nearest to my office)
  5. True Life Cafe ( this is sucks....)
  6. Thai Traditional Restaurant, forgot the name, located at Sukumvit 11, opposite Ambassador Hotel
  7. A small restaurant with English printed menu at Sukumvit 18
  8. Little Italy ( nice pizza)
Unfortunately, I din;t take photos on certain restaurants esp C&C, the whole decor thingy materials are condoms, they even built a X'mas Tree by condoms. Below pic is no 6 restaurant.
Lucky me, I was invited to join local management celebration. We celebrate X'mas at no4. cafe. Nice food, unlimited booze, exciting games, plenty lucky draw gifts. Well, I only stick myself with same dept colleagues ( 2 white guys), three of us non-stop drinking bottled beers. I guess I had more than 10 small bottle: corona, heineken, singha, budweiser etc... BTW, I still manage to return hotel then join my colleague for 2nd round at no3 Crossover bar. As you can see, A person need to spoon feed whipped cream to another by the spoon attached on the straws. This is good revenge game to your boss. All these 3 white guys are senior management team and 3 ladies are normal staffs. It was hilarious ;p
After hangover, I still force myself to Chatuchak, the biggest weekend market in Asia. The magic of this market is unbelievable. What can I said is: when I finish spent my Thai Baht, I go to money changer to exchange my MYR; when I finish spent my Thai Baht, I go again to money changer to exchange my USD. At the end, I keep 40 Baht for train fees and 500 Baht for taxi fees from hotel to airport. Pls don't ask me how many articles I have bought...
Pls don't be surprise when you see me wearing Punk guitar boy shirt.
Personal rate for this trip: 4.5 over 5.0

0 comments: