Monday 24 October 2011

2011.10.23_Charity Event Organizer

Last Sunday was a headache day for me; I was involved in a charity event. As an organizer, I have to wake up very early morning for transport arrangement plus breakfast distribution. Well, to avoid participants take more than one pack, I become “Pasar Pagi Boy” (Morning market seller). Only those who have registered entitle to get a pack of breakfast pack from me. Yes, only from me. It reminds me the sweet moment in helping ex church’s camp. After these years, I still act as timekeeper, chasing here and there, commanding / instructing participants to complete the task according to my schedule. I really need to adjust myself and do not be too stiff when come to charity works, back to old-self. From this event, we can observe the beauty and the ugly of human nature, some volunteers really commit and do the dirty tasks such as painting under bright sun, clear n re-plant the garden area and etc. In contrast, come volunteers not even dare to touch or allow children to get near to them. What a shame!

Nevertheless, this is commercial charity event, mainly for CSR (corporate social responsibility) and publicity.








I'm damn fat, got double chin !
Love this encounter !

P/S: Through this event planning, I miss so much in organizing church events ;p

4 comments:

Dorcas said... [Reply]

i think...may be you should not take too much closed up photos!! HAHA!!

atlantisian said... [Reply]

Thats why you need to come back more often. hehehe...

We are painting the church tomorrow (HOLIDAY!!!). Do visit us for lunch if you are free lor. Hahaha.

Xav_Kim said... [Reply]

@Dorcas

wah.. so mean... hate u...

Xav_Kim said... [Reply]

@atlantisian

Thz 4 invitation, but not free lol...